Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gestalt IT Tech Field Day - The First Ever Wireless #TechFieldDay

In a matter of just a few days, the first ever wireless focused Gestalt IT Tech Field Day will be kicking off in San Jose.  The event is scheduled for March 17th & 18th, and all the last minute details are being finalized!


I've been making a list of questions about why things don't work a certain way, or will this ever be possible based on the questions I've been asked at customer sties.  I'm hoping that the questions I can't answer (and defy googling) will be answered by one of the sharp minds attending or presenting at the Wireless Tech Field Day.


I know for a fact that all of the delegates reached out to their industry connections to explain why they should sponsor this event.  Many emails were sent, many phone calls were made. I know I've called/emailed/tweeted every contact I've ever had at all of the wireless vendor companies I've ever worked with.  Some were hard to track down, but I wasn't going to give up until they'd said 'No' at least twice!  I've been helping Stephen Foskett make this event happen because I'm so excited that an event like this can even be organized, and actually happen!  However, Claire Chaplais is the person that really ties everything together behind the scenes, and makes this event come off without a hitch or a hiccup in the overall flow!  Claire and Stephen are a great team, and there isn't another event quite like a Tech Field Day.  I'm very glad to have helped put Stephen and Claire in touch with the connections I have to make a Wireless Tech Field Day happen.


When was the last time you heard of competing wireless companies coming together to put their best Subject Matter Experts in front a group of wireless engineering professionals that have an aggregate of over 62 years of wireless experience!  It is refreshing to see companies stand by their technology solutions and open themselves up to potentially difficult technical questions from the Wireless Tech Field Day delegates.  Everyone wins.


All the information about the event, the sponsors, the delegates can be found on the Gestalt IT Wireless Tech Field Day page.


The event will also be streamed live from TechFieldDay.com  so don't forget to tune in!

No comments:

Post a Comment