Soon I will be on another Sniffapalooza adventure! You probably have no idea what I'm talking about, and that's ok. I'll be tweeting with the hashtag #SniffaLisbon, so you can follow the madness (or not).
Sniffapalooza is an event-based group of fragrance aficionados that originated in New York City and now unites perfume passionatas from around the world. What started as a small group of women getting together to shop and share their enthusiasm for fragrance, has grown into a phenomenon that has attained international recognition through TIME Magazine, Allure, Forbes.com, CBS MarketWatch, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Women's Wear Daily, Glamour, Brigitte (Germany), WWD BeautyBiz, and many others.
(It's kind of like Tech Field Day, but think perfume not technology)
We'll be staying at the Hotel Mundial for eight days and our itinerary looks something like this:
- Attending a Fado show
- Wine tasting at Fonseca Caves
- A Belem Tour with Entrance to Jeronimos Monastery and Vasco da Gama's Tomb, Cloisters, Ocenário de Lisboa, Jardim do Ultramar, Baixa, and the legendary Belem bakery
- Visiting the coastal towns of Cascais, Sintra (Castelo dos Mouros), Estoril
- A tour of Ajuda Palace
- A tour of the Museu Nacional do Azulejo (National Tile Museum of Lisbon)
- AND the group will be taking a special Master Class with Roja Dove of Roja Dove Parfums and Luis Pereira of 100ml
We'll be visiting niche perfume boutiques, as well as hearing presentations from Portugal-based fragrance companies. The first Sniffapalooza trip I took was to Barcelona last year, and it was fantastic! I'll be taking tons of photos (analog and digital) and smelling so many wonderful things (those are harder to capture).