Friday, April 1, 2011

Making Wireless Sexy - HourglassAire

I recently received an invite to attend a special pre-launch webinar held by a new wireless company called HourglassAire.  Their company motto is "Making Wireless Sexy" so I made sure I wasn't going to miss the webinar, cause I had no idea what they meant by that, nor how it would be possible to make wireless sexy.  I thought maybe they'd heard about Etherealmind's comments on how ugly access points were and had come up with a new antenna form factor..


To quote Hu Heff, the company founder "We've heard you loud and clear. We know access points and antennas are ugly, and we have come up with a solution to make a wireless install an attention getter and be a focal point instead of trying to hide the hardware. We know wall mounted antenna solutions aren't optimal, but we're betting you won't care." He followed up with  "We're anticipating a surge in orders for our custom antenna solution.  We call them the 36x23:35."






The HourglassAire antenna kit starts shipping today.  It includes two short antenna radomes and a craft knife set.  






For now, you can choose from either a Raquel Welch or a Catherine Bach poster, but HourglassAire has future plans to offer Natalie Portman posters for patch antenna installs.
I'm not quite sure what to make of this.  HourglassAire certainly makes the wireless deployment the focal point of any building, and one upside I can think of is that everyone would know exactly where the access points were installed. I don't think this antenna solution is suitable for every workplace environment, but I can see it being a big hit in automotive repair shops.


3 comments:

  1. I would totally dump my Buffalo Tomato for one of these hot access points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,

    Launch a start up. Hire pin ups the deployed troops request the most. Maybe a grand opening planed on February 31, 2012 (mark this date on your calendar) with April 1, 2012 as a back up in case there are project delays.

    P.S.
    Great picture and story on:
    http://blogs.aerohive.com/?p=377
    I wish I could have made it.

    ReplyDelete