Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Düsseldorf, Tour De France, Kraftwerk, Air, Friends, Adventure, YES PLEASE!

Dusseldorf
Photo by @puthoor_photo via Flickr
In just a few hours, David and I will be boarding a plane to Frankfurt & then taking the train to Düsseldorf. Our wild Kraftwerk adventure is leading us to their home town to meet Jan Wiefels who wrote about our wedding in the Rheinische Post! He extended a pair of tickets for us to see Kraftwerk & Air & we booked our travel immediately. Who could say no to an opportunity like this (not us!)?!

Thorsten Schaar reached out to David and I, inviting us to take part in an International Press trip of Kraftwerk and the Grand Depárt (the start of the Tour de France). David is writing an article on the event for Electronic Beats magazine and I'll be their photographer for this story. I can't believe our good fortune. It all began with the pictures I took of David being posted to his Flickr photostream & now my own Flickr account was essential in establishing that I can shoot good pictures every now and then!

Friends of ours will be joining us in Düsseldorf (Marshall, Les, Hilde & our very own Scott Stapleton!) Friday, Saturday and Sunday we'll be with the press group. The members of the International press we're traveling with are authors, musicians, magazine founders, literary agents and sports writers. It's sure to be an interesting group of people.

Many, many photos will be taken. I'm bringing my Polaroid Spectra, Sony a6000 & my trusty Pentax 110 (of course!). My purse/camera bag is heavy with lenses, spare batteries, film and my FauxPro.

Gifts were made with my handy dandy new Cricut machine! So many t-shirts!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment