Monday, May 7, 2018

Düsseldorf Sights and Sounds 2017


It's been a long time since I've put words down on the Interwebs. Yes, it's true. Last year, David and I were invited to Düsseldorf by 
Düsseldorf Tourismus and Rheinische Post to see Kraftwerk play a concert in their home town and the concert coincided with the Tour de France Grand Depart.

We joined up with a press junket to tour the city, check out some shops, museums and galleries on top of the Kraftwerk concert. The members of the press group were journalists, authors, musicians and press agents. David was set up with press credentials to interview Wolfgang Flur and I was to be working the event as a freelance photographer. As such, I held off on releasing any of my photos to Flickr, Twitter or Instagram until I heard back from the magazine on which photos they wanted to use. Well, the contact I had at the magazine went on radio silence for many months, so I finally put my photos out online, but it really dampened my spirits to get no response to my query and it took me a long time to get reenergized about putting our pictures and video bits together.

I finally finished a video of the collected photos and video snippets we shot while we were in Düsseldorf. Music used in the video comes courtesy of Mike Donaldson via his site 8Dindustries.com!





No comments:

Post a Comment